The Science of Matcha !
Known to be the richest source for antioxidants, it is well known that one cup of Matcha has health benefits equal to approximately 10 cups of green tea. It contains a special class of antioxidants as in ‘Catechins’ which may help in neutralizing harmful free radicals, reduce cell damage, and may also help prevent chronic diseases.
Japanese matcha organically grown, with golden turmeric (curcumin) is a superfood (curcumin, anti-oxidants full of catechins), and L-theanine amino acids are full of super-antioxidants. When combined, they will give you a powerful drink, that many good meals may not, that too in record time.
Scientifically Backed Benefits of Matcha
The benefits and joys of drinking Matcha have been confirmed by a wide variety of studies and they are innumerable, offering wellness and a more balanced lifestyle
- Matcha Boosts May Your Immune System- Special antioxidants in matcha are ‘catechins’ and these are extremely useful in affecting infections and sickness via microbodies that are antiviral and antibacterial in nature. Matcha contains the ability to reduce oxidative stress in our bodies. The catechins are a special kind of flavonoids and anti-oxidant in matcha, 137 x that in a cup of green tea.
- Matcha Improves your Heart- Catechins in matcha help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol, and thereby, attack Matcha helps to thin your blood and keep the blood flowing well and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Matcha Promotes Healthy weight- An American research study found that people taking green tea extract burnt a significantly higher number of calories than those taking coffee or no such drink. It has been established that components in matcha can increase thermogenesis( the rate at which your body generates heat) by over 40% without any of the negative side effects that are usually present in other fact oxidizing agents.
- Matcha Reduces Your Stress and anxiety-L=theanine ( amino acids) found in plenty in matcha, contains dopamine and tryptophan have the ability to reduce your stress and anxiety and at the same time give you an unparalleled ‘calm alertness’ which cannot be achieved with coffee. The ‘lull’ effect of coffee cannot give you the same focus and productivity. It is this relaxed alertness that draws Buddhist monks and Samurai warriors to matcha and supports concentration during meditation and in the arena.
- Matcha Rejuvenates your skin - matcha is also famous for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants. The EGCG one of the most effective catechins found in matcha can decrease the effects of sunburn and reduces the metabolic changes in your skin that lead to aging and wrinkles. The latest cutting edge research has found: The brew able green teas were found to have between 25 to 86 milligrams of EGCG per serving while the most potent matcha products provided anywhere from 17 milligrams to 109 milligrams. That is to say, matcha tea contains 2-3 times more EGCG components.
Growing and Manufacturing Process
In terms of the differences in the growing and manufacturing process between ceremonial and culinary matcha, there are some key differentiating factors below:
Ceremonial matcha will only come from the Spring Harvest (1st Flush) around the end of April or beginning of May; culinary matcha can also come from a second harvest, whose quality is slightly lower.
The Location of the Tea Plants
Ceremonial matcha will be picked from the younger 'virgin' tea leaves on the upper part of the tea plants (younger leaves will be softer and sweeter); whereas the culinary matcha comes from the lower part of the tea plants.
Ceremonial matcha will only contain just the 'softest' (and hence sweetest) part of the leaves; the harsher 'stems' and 'veins' (which can taste bitter) are all filtered out. Culinary matcha can contain these harsher parts of the leaves.
Ceremonial matcha are ground manually using a granite stone grinder in a traditional way. This is a very slow process; taking up to 1 hour to grind a small 20g tin of matcha powder. Culinary matcha are generally pulverized using metal balls in a larger machine.
We at Glo Power do not stock the culinary matcha. The Premium gradef or lattes is above the Culinary green tea powder, but below the ceremonial grade. Our Matcha from Japan is certified by JAS that is equivalent of USDA.
The Japan Agricultural Standard or JAS of the Japanese government is a certification and labeling system that provides quality standards for the production of food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Meiko Matcha-Ceremonial grade 100% JAS, Organic
Virgin green tea leaves are handpicked after being under shade/cover for Six weeks( first flush) to enhance the chlorophyll content. After that, the leaves are de-veined, dried, stored, and ground in a manual floor mill to prepare fine nutrient-rich matcha ready to brew.
- PRECISE CULTIVATION - First Harvest Meiko matcha is a superior experience than matcha green tea powder ( Midori Matcha) for lattes. Meiko matcha is stone-ground from tea leaves that have undergone intense preparation and care. Each leaf is shaded for Six weeks before hand-picking in order for leaves to enhance and maximize the chlorophyll content. Consistent cultivation techniques allow tea-leaves to focus energy at the top of the plant to produce wider, thinner, more delicious (and inotropic) Meiko Matcha. First Harvest contains high levels of neuro-stimulating compounds and antioxidants (such as EGCG).
- PURITY - 100% Pure Japanese Stone-ground Meiko Matcha green tea powder. All Natural, No Sugar, and No Preservatives. Meiko matcha tea leaves are shade-grown for at least 6 weeks, handpicked during the first harvest, and are stone-ground into an ultra-fine powder. One serving of Meiko matcha contains 40-70 mg of caffeine.
- ORIGIN - All our matcha green tea powders are authentic Japanese matcha ( Meiko &Midori ).This matcha is harvested from an exclusive, award-winning Matcha tea-farm, in Uji, Japan.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS – Meiko matcha is a Great Source of Antioxidants & Amino Acids Including EGCG & inotropic L-Theanine. Full of Antioxidants and Polyphenols. Meiko matcha will boost your metabolism with rejuvenating amino acids and a steady kick of caffeine unlike intermittent kicks of coffee. Meiko matcha gives your body energized alertness for 4-6 hours. Clean energy to avoid that midday coffee crash!
Photo: Meiko Matcha
Midori Matcha- Premium Grade,100% JAS Organic.
The harvesting of Midori Matcha Premium grade green tea leaves and the process they undergo is exactly similar to that of Meiko matcha Ceremonial grade, except for the full shading period is Four weeks( 2 weeks less than the ceremonial grade). Therefore, this only means a lesser level of Chlorophyll and lesser lasting energy.
- PURITY - 100% Pure Japanese Stone-ground Midori Matcha green tea powder. All Natural, No Sugar, and No Preservatives. Midori Matcha tea leaves are shade-grown for at least Four weeks, handpicked during the first harvest, and are stone-ground into an ultra-fine powder.
Most other types of tea, loose tea leaves, or tea bags are steeped in water and finally thrown away. On the other hand, Midori matcha is prepared by whisking the matcha powder, into the water, and so all its nutrients are ingested and nothing is thrown away. The non-soluble vitamins A and E and beta-carotene are also consumed, enhancing the wellness potential of matcha.
Midori Matcha Benefits
Recent research confirms that matcha is full of natural antioxidants, L-theanine (amino acids), vitamins, and flavonoids, all of which are associated with a myriad of benefits. But it's not what matcha contains, it's also about the way potent matcha tea is prepared.
Midori matcha boasts deeply rich notes of shade-grown green tea, a captivating fragrance, and the intensity required to ‘cut’ through other complementary ingredients. Midori matcha powder is superb for milk beverages and is ideal for use in drinks and dessert recipes such as matcha lattes, smoothies, desserts, snacks, chocolate, and other creations.
Photo: Midori Matcha
Glo Tea Formula 4 – Spiced Golden Matcha Latte
With 100% JAS, Organic Midori matcha
A cup of Glo tea formula 4- Spiced Golden matcha latte is an anti-aging matcha latte. Midori Matcha is used for this antiaging combo. Matcha alone contains antioxidants 137 times more than that of green tea. The addition of Moringa leaves will give you 7 times more vitamin C than an orange and 15 times more potassium than a banana.
Moringa leaves contain iron, protein, calcium, and amino acids that can help your body heal, build muscle, and help hormonal balance. Our tea is packed with super- antioxidants, substances that can protect cells from damage and may boost your immune system. There's some evidence that some of these antioxidants can also lower blood pressure and reduce fat in the blood and body.
In the 21st century where everyone wants to get more productivity out of 24/7, and in a time like the pandemic of Covid-19, it can be hard to find foods that suit your system. GTF4-Spiced golden matcha latte for anti-aging is easy to make and digest, as also nutritious at the same time.
Our Glo tea formula 4 -Spiced golden matcha latte, When mixed with the goodness of non-dairy milk it will produce an enviable non-caffeine drink full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, energy, and proteins.
Spiced Golden Matcha Latte made in the Blender.
In the new normal world of the year 2020-21, everyone has become serious about their health, especially when exposed to pollution, chemicals, and toxic environment. All this toxicity around us is damaging our cells, lowering our immunity, and catching serious diseases like heart attacks, cancers, Alzheimer's’ and dementia.
If you like to entertain, you can make it at the drop of a hat, like an Iced Golden Matcha Latte. A few cookies and/or chocolate or chocolate-dipped strawberries on the side and you are good to go, ‘entertaining in style” with nutritious ingredients. Your family, friends, and guests will remember this kind of hospitality for a long time. The flavor and aroma will be vegetal and earthy, lingering for some time.
You will need to use this powerful mix with almond milk or coconut milk to reap the most benefits while making Spiced Golden Matcha Latte.
The curcumin in turmeric, chlorophyll collected in matcha, and moringa leaves may give you a slow but sure long-lasting energy for 4-6 hours and a calm focus at your work. The long term benefits of GTF 4- anti-aging golden matcha latte are unique.